Monday, March 2, 2009

We Got "This" Much Snow




It's hard to say just how much we had, here in Mount Airy. I actually didn't think it had snowed this morning, as when I woke up and looked out the window, the roof outside my window was clear. further inspection revealed that it had indeed snowed, but it did not appear to be snowing, so I got up and got ready for work.

It had started snowing again, but unfortunately, I didn't decide that trying to go in was a bad idea until I was already about halfway there, and turning back would have been just as foolish as going on. And there was no way I was going to pull over and sleep it out on the side of the road. I couldn't even tell where the side of the road was, most of the time.

Anyways, Giz and I made it to Target, and only five minutes late. And I beat everyone else with their SUV's and their four wheel drive enabled vehicles. 'Cause Gizmo and I are that awesome!

As I was saying, I have no idea how much snow we actually got, reason being some ferocious wind. It would have been an opportune time for kiting, and the gloves wouldn't have been a huge hindrance due to Ben's and my new innovation in kite flying (more on that at a later date). But I didn't, because glove accessible or not, I have discovered that my parent's closet eats left handed gloves. So I rocked a right glove, and a left mitten. Admittedly, the mitten was warmer, but the left handed glove eating closet might also be a right handed mitten eating closet. I'll need to see it eat at least two more mittens to be sure.



So I trekked out into the snow, with my father, who I believe had been wanting someone to go out with him all afternoon. He wouldn't say it, but he wouldn't let me sleep. I guess, until I stop being lazy and find my own place, this is something I'm going to have to live with. The folks, my father in particular, have a problem with letting me sleep. Last night, my mother woke me up to inform me that it was supposed to snow, saying she didn't want me to not notice in the morning. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed when I went out to my car if by some reason I forgot over the night and didn't notice when I woke up. Then, my father, who has always had a problem with me sleeping, woke me from my nap at least three times today. I can't remeber why he woke me up the first time, but the second time, he asked me if I wanted a french fry. Just one. He told me later he would have let me have more than one. I of course, was unpleased at being woken up from my nap, something I love, to see if I wanted food, something I don't particularly enjoy, so much in fact that I will sleep to conserve energy rather than refueling my body by eating. Then later, he woke me again, to let me know that he had eaten the offered french fry. By then, I realized that he wasn't going to let me sleep, so I had to get up, and take some aspirin (I was sleeping off a headache, B T Dub).

Now, finally, the original point of this Blost, which I guess was moot from the start, seeing as I lack the pictures of what I wanted to show everyone. Hopefully, it isn't supposed to get that warm, and I should be able to go out and get some pictures, but usually, snow that's been chillaxing around for a couple of days isn't as beautiful as a freshly fallen snow. It's quite nice, what with all the drifting. I was walking with my father around the dam of the drainage pond, where the grass was visible, and if I walked two feet to the left or right, I was standing in a two feet deep drift.

God, I wish my camera worked.

4 comments:

  1. See Ben, this is why you're a wonderful friend. You see that I fail in my attempt to bring the readers pictures of the snow, and you immediately, without being asked to, take some pictures, and add them to my Blost. You are a true friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also added some words, you know, so people could understand it. I kid you not, you left out an entire thought that I had to reconstruct based on context.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another reason you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I base my initial understanding of the blog poster according to the photographs, and these were clearly not taken by Taylor (I dind't recognize the scenery). I quickly gathered, though, that it was T. Anyway, last night I had a dream that Kellie and I were going running, and Pops was offering each of us BUT ONE french fry. That anecdote didn't surprise me in the least.

    ReplyDelete