Friday, March 20, 2009

Against the Wind


Sorry about the silence of late. I've been, well busy isn't the right word, but it's close enough.

Anyways, I was right about running the other day, and how sore I'd be. But I've been keeping at it. More progress than I've made in almost two years now. I think I might do at least the Frederick half marathon. So what if I can't do a full marathon, if I can crush a half, what's to stop me from pumping out two back to back later. Something to strive fort anyways, and a reason to continue, to not quit. Something to commit to besides myself.

Today was mildly annoying though. I ran in a big loop near my parents' place, and while I usually enjoy the wind (kiting is my favorite activity ever) it was rather chilly, and the wind was less than pleasant. Also, thee real frustrating part was, when running in a glorified circle as I was, you expect full well to be running against the wind for some of the time, but at the same time, you expect there to be a roughly equal amount of time spent running with the wind.

Not the case today. There were a few brief moments when I was shielded from the wind altogether, but the wind was not once at my back, and probably three quarters of the way, I was running against the wind, thinking of good ol' Bob Seger, and thinking about how awesome it would be to have a windsurfer. Seems the wind gods wanted me to by flying kites today, but that would require either buying new kites or repairing the mess of busted ones in my trunk. Not likely to happen today.

Also, speaking of kites, I saw a long piece of red plastic that looked suspiciously like a kite tail, stuck in a tree a mile or so away from where we were flying kites.

Also also, it is my nephew Jack's second birthday today. Unfortunately, I had agreed to work for my boss this weekend, so I won't be going to Pittsburgh to see him. Jo and I will have to give him our regards via webcam later, a lame substitute, but what are you going to do?

Despite this, Ben and will have to try and do something interesting this weekend. It's been a while, and the blog has suffered this week.

1 comment:

  1. I guess he thinks that since Mimi and PopPop are coming tomorrow, Tay must be coming too because Jack keeps saying "See T in da morneen. See T!" Eh well. Yes, we'll have to gmail chat.

    ReplyDelete