Monday, March 9, 2009

Knight Kiting


Mondays aren't a great day for Ben and I to do stuff. I work all morning, then go to class all afternoon, and then he goes to class in the evening. So generally, We don't do anything, but today, we had to make an exception. The weather is still nice, but not so nice that my entire awful neighborhood is outside. Also, the moon is near full, and most importantly, it's fairly windy. Not as windy as it was earlier today, when I was tempted to bust out my kite fisher in the middle of the FCC parking lot. I didn't but I totally could have. So we were forced to laugh in the face of the pigs who told us we can't fly kites at night, and we went Night Kite Fishing.


An awesome exposure shot.



These shots weren't easy to capture, by any means. Getting a kite to cooperate, and find it, in the scope of a camera in the dark is no easy task. Ben and I (mostly Ben) are just awesome enough to make it work.



On the downside, I lost yet another kite. The upside, I guess, is that I will now have a different kite than Ben's. I might make a real Frankenkite, literally taping broken parts of other kites together. I don't know, I'll have to look through my trunk, which might permanently become a kite graveyard. Also, while I'm at it, somehow attaching glow sticks, or even painting it with glow in the dark paint, seems like a wonderful idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment