Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Electronix.

First thing is first, naturally. Obligatory music appreciation:



So the fingerprint reader on my parents laptop stopped working. After the typical troubleshooting I determined it was a hardware issue. In order to fix it I had to do some "research." That, of course, means I got to tear something apart. Tearing things apart is something I quite enjoy. Whether today or when I was twelve if I own something there is a decent chance I have pulled it apart and figured where everything is. And typically I have replaced something.



Click on this picture, if you don't mind.^

The most interesting thing about newer laptops is either the space efficiency or the heat transfer. Simple dissipation mixed with heat pipes and fans, well it's interesting for me anyway. I pretty much have nothing more to say on the subject, just enjoy the intricacies of electronics and the music it has helped create.

Oh, and in case you cared, which I know you did not, the fingerprint reader is hooked up to a usb hub behind the LCD screen, along with the webcam.

No comments:

Post a Comment