Saturday, March 28, 2009

Justice Is Served


A while back, I got a ticket for "Failure To Stop At A Stop Sign"

I was coming back to my parents after work one day, and at the stop sign at the entrance to their development, I slowed down, made sure there were were no cars or kids I was in danger of hitting, and rolled on through, as I always do. However, because of an inconveniently parked van, I failed to notice the pig parked a little ways down the block.

It didn't even occur to me until after I had driven past him and pulled out and followed me that what I had done was indeed illegal.

Needless to say, it wasn't fun. I got a $90 fine a couple hundred feet from my parents house, my guard was done, and that stupid cop was out there, not only for the rest of the day, but the next day too, cleaning up. Clearly in Mount Airy, the cops have nothing better to do than sit in neighborhoods, giving tickets to people doing the ol' California Roll.

I still haven't decided if I want to go to court in a couple of days and hope he doesn't show. My dad says he should, because anything could happen, like his wife could be having a baby that day. I don't know, a guy like that would probably let his wife have her baby in a ditch to make court, but then again, a guy like that probably doesn't have a wife. I'm a little bitter.

Another thing my dad said, when he was giving me grief, even though I pointed out that he had just failed to stop at the same stop sign, was that while stopping at stop signs is unnecessary, he always stops when there's a cop present.

Now imagine my joy when my parents get home, and, well, first of, my father warns me that my mother has a story, but it's not very good, and I probably don't want to hear it. I guess this isn't the part when i want you to imagine my joy, because there was none, and sure enough, my mom comes up, insistent on telling me a story I believed I didn't want to hear.

Turns out I did. You can imagine my joy again. Apparently, my father had been driving, and right as he was about to roll through a stop sign, my mother pointed out the cop parked, waint for idiots like me and my father to fail to stop at stop sign. SO my father, already pulling out, slmas on his brakes and hastily puts on his seat belt. At least I had my seat belt on.

So, not only does my father not stop at stop signs even when there are cops present, he also failed to "Be Aware Of His Surrounding", another thing my father used to tell us kids to do constantly. To be fair, all of us teneded to have our heads in the clouds, so he was justified, but still, the irony of this story was wonderful.

The only way it could have been better is if he had actually gotten a ticket.

Justice is served.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha - NOICE. Though the latter half of this entry is riddled with typos, it's understandable as your zeal for the topic is clearly and forgivably taking precedence over the technical. I can appreciate that as much as anybody.

    ReplyDelete