Saturday, March 7, 2009

We's Makin' Ice Cream!


Not really. We're eating it, a lot of it, to be precise. That's actually why we decided that we must be in the ice cream making business.

I think I may have had Ben and Jerry's ice cream a total of once. So, despite the fact that H loves the stuff, I was relatively unaware of their wonderful flavor selection. That may be their only redeeming quality, as it was ridiculously expensive, too expensive too justify buying, despite Barrack Obama telling us that, "Yes, Pecan".

As wonderful as that was, it was more than twice as expensive as some other, less colorfully named ice cream brands. But still, it was enough to get us thinking, if these guys can have ice cream flavors, why not us.




So, just tossing it out there, we may have to make Ben and Taylor's Mount Airy's Finest Ice Cream. At the very least, we demand our own flavors of Ben and Jerry's. We are at the very least as famous as anyone else who has their own flavor of ice cream. And if not as famous, then twice as awesome. Try these on for size:

Ben's Apple Sauce
(picture may or may not be forthcoming)

Taylor's Purple, Green, and Orange Sherbet


So yeah, look for it.

4 comments:

  1. I will try them on. I can have ice cream tomorrow. I'll look for them the next time I'm at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This, as you may have guessed, is my favorite post to date. B t dub, that Willie Nelson's Peach Cobbler may well be my favorite flavor. I can't wait to try Ben's Apple Sauce to hit the shelves. I will buy you out, mark my words. Next up: Heather's Kale Cream - a throwback to Mr. Witherspoon's classic - Spinach - with Crunchy Bacon Bits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tay, there may be no better way that I can think of to sell ice cream than to look at you shoveling it into your mouth with gusto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm pretty sure a skinny guy sucking it down like it was air is the best way to get the fatties to buy your product. Also, it occurs to me now, I have no idea what I was staring at. I'm totally transfixed by something that is neither the camera nor ice cream.

    ReplyDelete