Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy One Month Blogiversary


Yeah, I've been at this whole Blog thing for a month now. Not really that long, I suppose. Some days anyways. Time's funny. My year in Pittsburgh seemed at least twice as long as my four years in high school. So I've had my long months. This one though, well, today it seems pretty short.

Well, I said earlier that last night I went to some seminar on communications as technology. It was, well there were some interesting points, to say the least. One of the panelists made the mistake of accidentally implying that Bloggers would replace professional journalism. I think was talking about how online media was replacing print media, but he made a poor seguay to talking about Blogs and other forms of non-professional broadcasting. They were quick to try and clarify, but they weren't the most coordinated group of five people I've ever seen, and their audience was less than wonderful. Still, it was interseting, as most of them clearly saw that while Blogging and the like aren't meant to replace professional journalism, many, like many people among me in the audience, would make that very mistake. I don't know. What I blost here is most definitely not news. I've read some Blogs that are news based, or more specifically, opiniated, unobjective people ranting about the news, but what I'm going for here is purely entertainment. SO if you're looking for news, your're in the wrong place. If your're looking for the antics of a couple of guys who are way too easily amused, yeah, this is the place. Please support us.

One of the other panelists, easily the best one, was very supportive of everyone having a Blog, for a multitude of reasons. The practice in writing alone he said was worth it. I'm mostly in it for the commitment. I'm doing things that I might not normally do mostly because I have committed to this Blog. I'm doing som other things to aid in my commitment issues, but more on that at a later date.

Anyways, I thought I'd just give a heads up on some of the things I'm planning on doing.

Build a windsurfer on a skateboard. It should be legendary.

Run a Marathon. If both of my sisters can do it, so should I.

Help Jo find her birth mom. Or at least, a cat I can convince her is her mom. I'm not perfect.

Learn to play the Guitar. It's something I've been meaning to do.

Build the Solar Death Ray. The power of 1,000 suns!

Learn to do Magic. I probably can't. But I'd at least like to give it a shot.

Finish writing one of my stories. I've started dozens, but never finished. After that, comes publishing.

At some point, a road trip. Doesn't matter where.

And there's a few things left up my sleeve, quite literally actually, that I will reveal when the time is right. After all, I can't let you now everything I plan on doing. Then you would have a little less reason to keep reading what I have to write.

So I'll keep blosting, whether or not you keep reading. I guess I'd prefer it people read, but it's not necessary. As always, suggestions are more than welcome. And if you're in town, give me a call. We'll do something stupid and fun, maybe fly a kite.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah brah, get on that marathon. And I'll find a way to teach you guitar. Perhaps at the beach this summer. There's always plenty to time for lounging around doing stuff like that. And for road trips, If I were you I'd consider Alaska; that's where I'll be for a good chunk of the summer. Or back here to Maine - whatever.
    And B-T-Dub: seguay is actually spelled "segue". Kind of tricky, but true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I noticed it was misspelled when I wrote it, mean to look it up, and of course, forgot.

    ReplyDelete