Saturday, February 21, 2009

Skeetch and Tay Diggity in: Why Is That Horse Truncated?

Let me explain.

So, while in Pittsburgh, among other things, I caught up with my Friend Matt. I met Matt when I first moved to Pittsburgh and started working at Target. And besides starting a tradition of rocking matinees for five dollars and in general making working at Target a more enjoyable experience, he co-created easily the best idea for a sitcom.

Skeetch and Tay Diggity (or the apt acronym, STD)

I'm not totally sure where the names came from, but the rest of it was pretty close to what we were doing there, apart from work. The general plot is as follows. Two guys, working at Target (We'd have to change the name more than likely, but I think we can get away with Targit), solving the many mysteries that crop up when working in retail. To give you an idea, some favorite episodes of ours our:

Skeetch and Tay Diggity in: What's for lunch?
In which we try and figure out what to eat for lunch.

Skeetch and Tay Diggity in: Who's working tonight?
In which we wonder who's working with us that shift.

Skeetch and Tay Diggity in: Where's Team Lead Todd?
In which we ponder how it could be that Todd shows up at two thirty, but doesn't make it to the sales floor for two hours, minimum.

Skeetch and Tay Diggity in: Why are we working here?
In which take a look at our lives and how we ended up here, and not some place considerably better.

And they're not all questions. For instance:

Skeetch and Tay Diggity in: Remembering the Good Times.
In which we have flashbacks.

Skeetch and Tay Diggity in: Backroom Buffoonery.
In which we waste an entire evening fooling around on ladders because neither of us are certified to use the real equipment.

And one of the best, multiple episode story arcs:

Skeetch and Tay Diggity in: What's the name of the guy who does the Subway commercials?
In which we try and figure, and bet money, on the name of the guy who did the Subway commercials.

Skeetch and Tay Diggity in: Where's my money?
In which Skeetch tries to get the money Tay Diggity owes to him from the bet in the previous episode.

Skeetch and Tay Diggity in: At the movies.
In which our heroes first discover cheap Matinees as Tay Diggity tries to pay his debts.

Skeetch and Tay Diggity in: Opportunistic Driving.
In which Tay Diggity gives Skeetch a ride home to continue paying off his debt, and makes some very opporunistic (and illegal) choices while driving.

Skeetch and Tay Diggity in: Paid in full.
In which Skeetch finally calls off Tay Diggity's debts despite not having paid up the full ten dollars.

So anyways, while I was hanging out with Matt, first off we saw a Matinee of the new Tim Burton flick, Coraline, which was a pretty wonderful movie, and definitely up there with The Nightmare Before Christmas. Then, we went to Panera, or what Matt called "The Bread", something that I'm pretty sure I could get behind, where we discussed Skeetch and Tay Diggity and got caught up. And outside of The Bread is a restaurant called P F Changs, with two huge horse statues. Only, they're not horses, at least not any horses I have ever seen. I tried to call them short, but that wasn't true; they were in fact really tall. Then I thought about thin, but that also didn't work, because while not fat, they definitely weren't thin. Matt finally gave me the word truncated, which was perfect. Of course, that still left the question of why.


3 comments:

  1. 'Kay, so sometimes I sit and stare at my iBook G4 screen in wonderment: How on earth does this thing get so FILTHY? And I can now answer that question with complete certainty. A chronic multitasker, I sit and read my kid brother's blog whilst brushing my teeth. Needless to say, a film of sprayed saliva and Crest builds up as a result of reading lists of possible sitcom episodes. As a "favor", you can foot the bill for having this bad boy professionally hosed down at the Apple Store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read at your own risk. If I have to post a warning, I will, but I thought it was implied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The matter of the truncation of horses is not a simple one. Perhaps Skeech and Tay Diggity may investigate this only to become embroiled in deep underground conspiracy in Skeech and Tay Diggity: The Movie.

    ReplyDelete