Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Out of Shape!


Despite my earlier vows to run in the Pittsburgh Marathon (in May, b t dub, yeah, that's not goin' to happen) I haven't run since like, October or November. But, in addition to my one sister Kellie who is down from Pittsburgh, my other sister drove down last night from Maine. Well anyways, it's much easier to run when you have someone to run with, so I went with her to drop her car off at the shop and ran home. It was only like, maybe, at best, three miles, but likely less.


When you first start running again, it's the worst; not because it's hard. Quite the contrary, it's far too easy, and I have a tendency to push my body past its limits. I expend more energy holding back than I do running. All told, I'm going to be hurting tomorrow.



And of course, it wouldn't be a run on Buffalo Road without the cleverly concealed Pig, waiting to catch someone doing over twenty five, as ridiculous as that is to do on that road. I make a point to never, ever drive on that part of the road nowadays.
Still though, I'm seeing speed traps everywhere; I saw someone getting pulled in Frederick this morning at six. I hate pigs.

1 comment:

  1. I have to ask: there's a certain photograph that I'm shocked to not see up on your blog. I may just have to take the liberty and post it on my own. Maybe you were just saving it for me to you, and in that case, thanks a mill'.

    ReplyDelete