Thursday, February 26, 2009

On Comments and Following

Nothin' much, just thanking you for reading, and encouraging you all to comment more if you are already doing so, and to start if you aren't commenting at all. Because, after all, only about 70% of this blog is for Ben and myself. And of that remaining 30% or so, 2%, of that 30% mind you, just might, maybe, be for you.

Point being, we read and appreciate the comments. Feedback, be it on my many typographical errors, questions, or suggestions for us. Just today, we decided we needed to do something (turns out we most likely can't, sorry to say, at least not something that would involve leaving Mount Airy) but we were at a loss for what to do. Suggestions, ideas, events we are unaware of, all these things would not go unrewarded. Even recognition of an obscure reference is cause for commenting.

On a related note, according to "Blogger Buzz," someone is following a blog every second of every day, which I took to mean that someone follows a new blog every second. And yet, despite these incredible numbers, we've been stuck at seven, for like, awhile. Pretty much since we started anyways.

So, thank to you who are following, but we're going to have to ask a bit more of you, and that's to encourage others to get in on this; it's going places. I can't say where, or even when, but you know you'd feel guilty if it left and everyone you knew wasn't on board and you hadn't put forth the effort. And if you are reading this but haven't committed to following, get on that. You get out of it what you put in.

1 comment:

  1. I came to the hospital and held you at birth nearly twenty years ago. You can rest assured that you have my support on your blog, that I will read, I will comment, I will critique, I will argue and applaud. You're right - this thing is going places, and it's exciting.

    More architecture, though, please. And more music. Keep it coming...

    ReplyDelete