Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Here I Dreamt I Was An Architect


Here I Dreamt I Was An Architect - The Decemberists


Do me a solid and push play up top. ^ It's for effect.


I haven't thought about being an architect for a long time. It's one of those childhood dreams I gave up when I realized that it might take a combination of effort and talent that I would just never be able to muster.

Well, I was wrong.




If it isn't obvious, it's a prototype of the building I will build. Keep in mind that this isn't actual size; the prototype is roughly the size of a small beverage cup at a Chinese restaurant. More specifically the China Panda, where my latest brainchild was first conceived. Anyways, if I had to give a scale for the actual building, which will be in Cleveland, OH, I'd have to say 1:a lot. Numbers ain't my thing. anyways, tedious details aside, it will be a Chinese Restaurant/Lighthouse, overlooking the city, very likely a China Panda Restaurant (and I'm pretty sure I can totally do that because I'm reasonably certain China Panda is not the actual name of the restaurant). It will slowly rotate like that one famous restaurant in I believe Seattle, but that may be the Space Needle. Point is, it rotates, and above the restaurant area, rotating faster in the opposite direction is the light, guiding travelers and Ohians to the restaurant. It's going to be awesome, and it's going to happen. That's a promise.




The actual building may or may not look exactly like this. I apologize about the terrible picture quality, but it is what it is, and this is what it says:

"Nothing washes down
Orange Chicken like
more Orange Chicken."
- Tom Tom

Now the picture makes it look like Tom Tom is the Panda because of the speech bubble coming from its mouth, but last time I checked, A, Pandas can't talk, 2, Tom Tom is a terrible name for a Panda, and D, Tom Tom is the name of my GPS, which conveniently has the voice of Mr. T. Now imagine that quote again, only this time, instead of the voice of Jack Black, imagine the voice of Mr. T. It was a bit better that time, wasn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment