Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Makin' Bacon

More specifically a bacon and cheese omelette. And just because we like music on this here blog, this is a sample of what I was listening to while creating this delectable fuel.




See, unlike my juice loving counterpart, I quite like food. I like making it, and I especially like eating it. It was only recently that I decided to learn how to make on omelette, and before that I had only eaten one. That was in a hotel no less. Before I get too off topic the point is omelettes are tasty, and it is well worth a try if you haven't made one before.

This particular omelette will consist of two eggs, two thick cut bacon slices and some cheese. Chesse is pretty much a nessesity, it is the gule that holds the omelette together. Aside from that pretty much anything can go into it. Vegtables, meat, mushrooms, whatever goes with eggs.



First thing is first, I'm using two pans, one for the bacon, one for the eggs. The bacon is made to taste, so you can figure that one out. The egg pan should be at a medium high setting, greased in whatever fashion you desire.



The eggs go into a mixing bowl with about 1/4 cup milk and that gets mixed until it is consistent. That mixture goes into the pan, and you can leave it sit for a while.





Once you see some white spots and big bubbles forming in the eggs it is time to give the pan a swirl. The idea is to get a filmy skin of egg around the edge of the pan. Let it sit for a couple more minutes and then repeat the swirl, by now most of the egg should be solidified.



Now you stick a fork between the skin you make earlier and the pan, slightly lifting the egg. Slide the fork around the edge of the pan and then you are ready to add the innards.

Photobucket
As I said before the cheese holds it together, so don't skimp on it. Everything other than the cheese should be situated on one side, for ease of folding.

Photobucket
The next step is to fold the egg over, ideally this would be done with something other than a fork, as you can see I ripped my egg a little.






Leave it sitting long enough to melt the cheese and get everything to a nice warm temperature, flipping it at least once. And that is it.

Delicious Omelette.

I have nothing more to say to you for now, go make an omelette.

1 comment: