Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Walk In The Park


So people hate me.

Not true, old people, kids, and most dogs like me just fine. Just, gay dudes and chics want nothing to do with me. Not that I want anything to do with gay dudes. Not that there's anything wrong with that, either.

So, after a delightful meal at China Panda, we went to Baker Park. We walked around the park, and it's funny, because I was under the impression that city people are less friendly than country folk, but everybody and their brother was talking to us.

Then, we decided to go for a run around the park, and after stopping after only a mile or so for a shameful walk (like most sequels, "Orange Chicken II; Chillin' In The Back Of The Throat And Awkwardly Mingling With Citrus Mint Gum" was terrible), we resumed our walk.

At some point, a couple of girls said hi to us. We of course ignored this. There was a second hi when we didn't immediately respond. After a third, I figured they wouldn't stop until they got a response, so I returned a hello. They were quick to inform me that they were talking to my friend, presumably Ben.

It was kind of a slap in the face. I mean, Ben? Low Blow. Fortunately, they weren't particularly good looking either, so it wasn't the worst thing in the world, and some jogging dude, presumably gay, said hello, presumably to Ben.

Needless to say, I'm never talking to strangers again. Chances are if I did, even if I was alone, I'd get a "We were talking to that squirrel." Oh come on! The Squirrel!

2 comments:

  1. It's okay Taylor, we'll take you out to get hit on by some straight men instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girls in Frederick are, by and large, scuzzy anyway. Consider yourself most fortunate.

    ReplyDelete