Sunday, June 21, 2009

About Time!


Not that I need it, but it's nice to know that they make a supplement now.



It was pretty awesome, walking into Wal-Mart, looking for protein powder, to see this. Not going to lie to you. It just about made the trip to Frederick worthwhile, seeing as Ben and I tried to go clothes shopping, but were unaware of the lack of Old Navy in Frederick. I don't know if the fact that we are too hopeless to shop for clothes makes us slightly better, considering it seems our friendship has reached the level of Bromance where we go clothes shopping together. In our defense, Ben apparently had some sweet deal, but a deal that necessitated spending more money than he wanted to. It wasn't gay at all. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

But jeeze, protein supplements! So confusing. I had bought some stuff that is just god awful, but for 25g of protein, it wasn't worth choking down, especially since according to the fancy graphs on the container, working out while using a placebo protein source, you will attain negative muscle growth. I'm just curious if that only applies if you think you're getting protein, but aren't, or if you just aren't getting enough, because that means that pretty much all the exercise I've done my entire life has been depleting my muscles.

But anyways, I'm nearing the end, and the other night, talking with Mike, Keely's fiance, he said he had some stuff that was 50g, double what I was rocking. Needing to investigate, Ben and I went to Wal-Mart, to shop around for protein. We found ones of course that were 50g, but in the fine print, you saw that it was for two scoops! Every single one had a different measurement and definition of a serving size. Some were one, some two, one was even four scoops. They all ended up being roughly the same, but it took us about ten minutes to figure it out. I dind't even end up getting anything, as I still need to finish my awful vanilla cream whey protein, that tastes quite a bit more like cake batter, and doesn't mix with anything, so there are just chunks of gooey protein floating in whatever you're trying to consume with it. It's awful.

1 comment:

  1. Ok. I'm going to seriously need to enlist your coaching assistance whence I return to Maryland in a few weeks (ie. I've run a grand total of 3 miles since being in Alaska, making it about 12, MAYbe 21 for the month of June. Pi-ti-ful. Please help get me back on track when I get back, I implore you. I need to be whipped into marathon shape in 3 months. Thanks a mill'.

    ReplyDelete