Friday, May 1, 2009

Done



My procrastinating finally caught up with me, as it usually does, but I think I'm pretty much done with everything I was supposed to do. So, I will be able to resume blosting on a regular basis.

I spent about two days "practicando espanol corta y tradusca". For those of you who don't speak Spanish, that is "cut and paste Spanish". Several hundred (I don't have an accurate count because I skipped any I deemed would take me more than thirty seconds, or couldn't be solved using my genius cut and paste method) activities of basic Spanish. Fortunately for me, you could just hit the submit button, and it would tell you how many you got right, what the right answers were, and more importantly, you could retry. So, since the questions didn't change, unlike my math homework, which I consequently rarely do, I simply tried on what looked easy, submitted, copied the answers, returned to the questions, pasted the answers, and bam, done. They even did me the favor of highlighting what ones I had wrong. Even still, I didn't finish. Mostly, it was those listening ones. The multiple choice was easy, and at the end, I was just looking for those to get the points, because one page where you write a paragraph and one page where you answer two true or false questions are worth the same.

But anyways, I'm done now. I didn't feel bad about cheating either, because I could have done them, and I would have gained nothing from it. I shouldn't be in only Spanish I, and I didn't even capitalize on tutoring like I was planning to. The rest of the class is about as bad as I am, only they don't know complex Spanish.

Now, the other big issue; imeem. We may or may not be at war with them. For awhile, we've known that some of the songs won't play the full thing on our blog, but ti wasn't until recently that we discovered that they had updated, and every song already on our blog would only play the 30 second demo. Unacceptable. I realize this is likely due to licensing laws and all that, and while that is all well and good, we've come to rely on it for our music, and it's rather convenient. Also, don't have an embed feature if you don't want people to embed songs on their sites. Seriously.

So, we have found a temporary alternative, that unfortunately uses imeem, but for the time being, seems to embed the whole song, no matter the song, and with any luck, they won't come back later and decide to change it.

This seems a lame come back after my near week of silence, but tomorrow's will be better, I promise you this. Just got to get back into the swing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment